Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blech....

We've been sticking with this diet for 1 week tomorrow. I thought we would have noticed a change by now but it seems like her pain and regurgitating are getting worse. I don't remember her complaining about the reflux as much before - it might be because she just learned the word regurgitate. She's having a lot of stomach cramps also. Her next scope is scheduled for January 24th. I'm really enjoying this diet so far. I didn't realize how bored I was of cooking and now that I have to figure out how to make our favorites in a pure, clean, whole foods kind of way i'm remembering how much I love to cook. Our lives will be changing drastically next week when our foster babies go home. I'm sure i'll spend a lot more time in the kitchen to keep my mind busy. We'll go back on the adoption waiting list. This diet would be great for someone with not only food allergies but Celiac, Chrons, Ulcerative Colitis and a number of other issues. She loves blueberry muffins. I really like this mix.


 I used the back as a guide - i eliminated the butter and used 1 tbsp of canola oil and 1/2 a cup of applesauce, added 1 tsp of baking powder and a handful of brown sugar. They were actually the best bb muffins i've ever had. They were soft, moist and sweet. 


Her next request is for red velvet cake. I bombed on gravy and waffles. I feel like I should accomplish those first but I have a feeling in the next week i'll be needing major comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment