Saturday, November 19, 2011

I tried my hand at donuts. It hasn't been that hard for me to replace eggs thanks to EnerG Egg Replacement. That stuff is amazing. We are using Rice Milk. It's pretty watery but has a decent taste. As for flour, my favorite so far is King Arthurs Gluten Free Flour. I've tried so many different kinds, even conjoining flours, but this one is the best, in my opinion. Anyways, the donuts were so ugly and stupid looking, but Riley loved them. The recipe could be tweaked a bit, but i'm logging it on here b/c they were pretty good ( and filling ). One thing about them is this: don't waste your time trying to make them pretty, GF flour, no eggs or milk = ugly baked goods. Pick your battles, right?
It's crazy messy, but that might just be me. I'm sure Evan would say it's me.

I did one where I mixed powdered sugar and vanilla rice milk for the glaze, and the other had cinnamon and sugar. We liked the glaze one the best. 

EE Friendly Donuts


  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup vanilla rice milk
  • 1 EnerG Egg replacement
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 + 2 tbsp cups GF flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon ( used both)
  • Cooking oil (Canola is EE friendly, just make sure it wasn't manufactured in a place w/ soy)
MIx the sugar, rice milk and egg replacement together. Mix the dried goods together before you add to the liquids. Mix it all together and let it sit for a couple of minutes to thicken up.  Fry, yes fry. Everything in moderation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment